Posted: 01/01/2013 | |
To ring in the New Year right, Super Goody Bag brings you the Best & Worst of 2012. A smorgasbord of the coolest and crappiest in kids toys, fashion and entertainment. Cheers! – Jill Topol
THE BEST OF 2012
- Monster High Dolls – Fashion designers take note. Couture worthy fashions in a 12 inch doll! No joke.
- One Direction – Because if I didn’t put them on the “Best of” list, every little girl in America would hate me.
- Pastel Color Hair – From the bottle or clip-ons. (photo courtesy of La Petite Magazine)
- Combat Boots – in colors, patterns and glitter
- Doc McStuffins – A Disney TV show about an African American girl who’s a doctor to toys. Couldn’t ask for a better role model for kids. There actually are other career options for little girls besides being a princess.
- Lalaloopsy – Harajuku fashions in a doll.
- The Aqua Bats Super Show – From the creators of Yo Gabba Gabba, this awesome live action TV show is a throwback from the 1970’s era of Saturday Morning cartoons.
- Carly Rose Sonenclar – X Factor 1st runner up and music prodigy!
- Lego Star Wars – How do you make a classic toy even better? Combine it with a classic movie.
THE WORST OF 2012
- Annoying Orange – Need I say more.
- Marvin Marvin – An original new TV show about an alien who comes to earth to live with a human family and the crazy hijinks he gets himself into. Alf & Mork have already filed a small claims suit.
- High Top Sneakers with a Secret Built in Wedge– Give your daughter what every little girl needs; A COMPLEX! These sneakers with hidden lifts start at a size 12 toddler. Because what 5 year old doesn’t want to be taller?
- H2Goo – Turns your child’s bath water into a tub of drain clogging goop.
- The Oogie Loves – I took Max to see this movie on opening day and we were the only ones in the theatre. Somehow I didn’t get the memo. Painfully bad!
- Ruby from “Max & Ruby”– Yes, I am well aware that Max & Ruby isn’t a new cartoon, but Ruby is just so mean and bossy to her little brother Max that she deserves to be on the worst list!
- Carly Rae Jepsen – She sings that “Call Me Maybe” song. How do you make it stop?
- 7-11 Slurpee Maker – Because milk and water are so last year.