T-Shirt of the Week #7Posted: 02/26/2013 Filed under: Style, T-Shirt of the Week | Tags: Jill Topol, Jill Topol Fashion Stylist, Little Marc Jacobs, Little Marc Jacobs Tee, My Muse Max, Stella McCartney Boys, Stella McCartney Girls, Stella McCartney horses, Stella McCartney Kids, Super Goody Bag, Threadless Kids Leave a comment
Keeping in theme with our recent trend report on photorealistic prints for Spring-Summer 2013.
Stella McCartney Kids Patty Vest “Stampeding Horses Tank” $60.00 (size 2-14y) www.stellamccartney.com
Take a Picture….it Lasts LongerPosted: 02/22/2013 Filed under: Style | Tags: Boys Fashion, girls fashion, Jill Topol, Jill Topol Fashion Stylist, Little Marc Jacobs, Molo, Molo Boys, Molo Clothing, Molo Girls, Molo Kids, My Muse Max, Oilily Bag, Oilily Candy Calao Jacket, Oilily Kids, Paul Smith Junior, Photorealistic Fabric, Stella McCarthy Kids, Super Goody Bag 1 Comment
Life is one big photograph waiting for us to snap a pic. If only we took the time to pause, take a breath and appreciate how extraordinary the unextraordinary can be. Our daily surroundings are a visual wonderland. From the sparkle of icicles dangling from a tree, to the candy colors that hang above our heads during sunset.
This spring photorealistic printed fabrics are a top trend in children’s fashion. With prints as varied as nature, animals and common objects, we pay homage to the beauty of everyday life. – Jill Topol
- Molo Sunflower Tanktop (size 3-12y) $28.00 www.ollypop.com
- H&M Halter Neck Sunset Swimsuit (size 8-14y) $17.95 www.hm.com
- The Mountain Youth Siamese Kitten Tee (size s-xl) $14.00 www.themountain.com
- Molo Sunflower Skirt (size 3-12y) $48.50 www.ollypop.com
- Molo Anni Soft Pants with Leg Print (size 3-6y) $51.00 www.coolkidsnyc.com
- We Are Handsome Children’s One Piece Lion Bathing Suit (size1-5y) $125.00 www.wearehandsome.com
- Simple Kids Penguin Cardigan (size 12m-16y) on sale for $103.60 www.thumbeline.com
- H&M White Stallion Top (size 8-14y) $14.95 www.hm.com
- Oilily Calao “Candy” Jacket (size 74-86) 109.90 Euros / $144.91 www.oililyshop.com
10. Une Sardine a Rio Eiffel Tower Skirt (one size for ages 2-6) $90.00 www.thumbeline.com
11. Paul Smith Junior Mixing Deck Print Shirt (size 2-14y) $124.00 www.alexandalexa.com
12. Sudo Empire Wildlife Hooded Boys Sweatshirt with Tiger $78.95 AUS /$80.80 US (size 8-14y) www.joetween.com.au
As a tribute to “photo”realistic fashion, here’s Def Leppard with Photograph. Spandex pants and the teasing of hair are not required while listening, but highly recommended.
Adam Ant Saved My LifePosted: 05/27/2012 Filed under: Arts & Entertainment, Style | Tags: Adam and the Ants, Adam Ant, Jill Topol, Little Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney Kids, Super Goody Bag 2 Comments
We all have defining moments in our lives that we’ll never forget. One of those moments for me was back in junior high school around 1982. I was watching MTV (which at the time actually played music videos) when a video came on for this Johnny Depp / Jack Sparrow looking guy called Adam Ant. The British rocker’s music had me in a trance like a siren luring in a sailor with their hypnotic melody. He was the most beautiful and talented man I had ever laid eyes on. I was instantly in love. Head over heels in love! From that moment forward the way I viewed life would forever be changed. Basically it was the beginning of finding my own individuality. Instead of being that pubescent little girl who blended into the crowd, I felt comfortable being a little different. Instead of automatically liking whatever Casey Kasem played on the radio, I opted for the not nearly as popular post-punk and new wave music scene. And Instead of falling prey to peer pressure to wear the latest cookie cutter trends, I opted for vintage finds and punk inspired fashions. Kids can be really mean and made fun of me. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt, but it never made me want to change a thing. I loved who I was and the fact that I was a little different. Those bullies could go f#ck themselves. By my junior year in high school a lot of those same popular girls who had made fun of me wanted to be my friend. I guess my non-conformist look and attitude had become cool. Holy sh*t! I was the latest trend!!! I’m proud to say I never befriended any of them.
Now that I have a son of my own it’s extremely important to me that he feels comfortable in his own skin just like I did. As long as he’s happy and not hurting anyone I’ll support him. Kids can be so cruel. I can’t always be there to shield him from bullies and narrow-minded peers, but I can let him know that it’s okay to be yourself and be proud of it. Not everyone has to like New Kids on the Block. It’s okay to like Adam Ant. – Jill Topol
My teen idol and imaginary husband Adam Ant. Vivienne Westwood designed all of his costumes!!!
Yes, I dressed Max up as Adam Ant one year for Halloween. All for selfish reasons and I don’t regret a thing.
Want to dress your kid like my childhood idol?
1. Stella McCartney Kids Will Military Jacket $184.00 www.stellamccartney.com
2. Little Marc Jacobs Kyle Military Jacket $115.00 www.neimanmarcus.com