Go Shorty, It’s Your Earth Day!Posted: 04/22/2015 Filed under: Holidays, Style | Tags: #bestdressedkids, #bestkidsblog, #bestkidsfashionblog, #earthday, #earthdayfashion, #earthdaykids, #earthdaytees, #hugatree, #jilltopol, #motherearth, #mymusemax, #supergoodybag, #topkidsblog, #topkidsfashionblog, Best Dressed Kids, earth day, Earth day kids, earth day t-shirts, earth day tees, fashionable kids, Go Shorty it's your earth day, Jill Topol, My Muse Max, Super Goody Bag Leave a comment
While Mother’s Day is still over 2 weeks away, today we celebrate the “mom of all moms”, Mother Earth. To pay homage to this beautiful planet we call home, it’s time to show your mama some love. Instead of buying her a bouquet of flowers, plant some in her honor. Instead of driving the kids to school, enjoy a bike ride together. Instead of tossing that water bottle in the trash, recycle it. If we all started doing something small each day to help our environment, think of the big changes we could accomplish. Your mother would be so proud of you. – Jill Topol
1. Gnome Enterprises – Tree Hugger T-Shirt (size 2-12yrs) $24.00 www.gnomeenterprises.com
2. Peek – “Protect Our Forests” Baby Tee (size 3-24m) $24.00 www.peekkids.com
3. Peek – “Respect Your Mother” T-Shirt (size 2T – 14yrs) $34.00 www.nordstrom.com
4. Stella McCartney Kids – Lolly Rainbow T-Shirt (size 2-14yrs) $55.00 www.stellamccartney.com
5. Crewcuts – Girls’ Foil Earth Tee (size 2-14yrs) $34.50 www.jcrew.com
6. Peek – Woodsy Owl T-Shirt (size 3-24m) $24.00 www.peekkids.com
A Punk Rock EasterPosted: 04/02/2015 Filed under: Feeling Crafty, Holidays | Tags: A Punk Rock Easter, Adam Ant Easter Egg, Alternative Easter Basket, Blondie Easter Egg, David Bowie Easter Egg, Jill Topol Fashion Stylist, My Muse Max, Punk Easter, Ramones Easter Egg, Sex Pistols Easter Egg, The Clash Easter Egg, The Damned Easter Egg Leave a comment
Please enjoy this throwback to my favorite DIY Easter project. Inspired by the music from my youth.
Gabba Gabba Hey! It’s time for an old fashioned Punk Rock Easter. Slip on your combat boots. Throw on that kilt, and dye your hair pink like the Easter Bunny. Hard-boiled and hardcore, these punk inspired eggs are sure to make your kids Sid and Nancy scream for joy. – Jill Topol
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Easter Egg Dye (I used PAAS Brand)
- A Colored Newspaper (try looking at financial & foreign papers)
- Safety Pins
- Color Copies of your Fave Music Icons
- Mod Podge (Matte Version)
- Sponge Brush
- Easter Basket
Dye your hard-boiled eggs pink, purple and yellow. While your eggs are drying, cut out your music icon images. You must cut slits all around your images in order for them to lay flat on your eggs. Remember you’re pasting a flat image on a curved surface! Cover the back of your images with Mod Podge using your sponge brush and adhere to your eggs. Next cover the eggs in a thin coat of Mod Podge and let dry.
To make your punk rock grass, simply take your colored newspaper and run it through a paper shredder. Decorate your basket with safety pins and you’re ready to rock!
T-Shirt of the Week #23Posted: 01/16/2015 Filed under: T-Shirt of the Week | Tags: #bestdressedkids, #bestkidsfashionblog, #fashionablekids, #stylishkids, #topkidsfashionblog, #trendykids, Best Dressed Kids, Best Kids Fashion Blog, Jill Topol, Kids Fashion Blog, Kids Horse Tee, My Muse Max, Stella McCartney Arlo T-Shirt, Stella McCartney Kids, Stylish Kids, Super Goody Bag, Top Kids Fashion Blog Leave a comment
Stella McCartney Kids – Arlo “Meat Free Monday” T-Shirt (size 2-14yrs) $80.00 www.stellamccartney.com
Words of Wisdom As Told By a 7 Year OldPosted: 01/15/2015 Filed under: Arts & Entertainment | Tags: #bestdressedkids, #bestkidsblog, #fashionablekids, #funnykids, #littlecomedians, #supergoodybag, #topkidsblog, Best Kids Blog, Best Kids Fashion Blog, Funny Kids Quotes, Huffington Post Parents, Jill Topol, Kids Say the Darndest Things, Little comedians, Sarah Silverman, Super Goody Bag, Top Kids Fashion Blog, Words of Wisdom From a 7 Year Old Leave a comment
For the past 2 years or so (age 5-7), I’ve been jotting down every funny and bizarre comment that comes out of my son Max’s mouth. I call them “my little gems”. And what makes these “little gems” so priceless is that they’re not said with the intent to be funny; they just naturally are. I’ll continue to be his own personal stenographer until he becomes a boring adult just like the rest of us. – Jill Topol
1. “Obama is the boss of America, and you’re the boss of me, right?”
2. “I love you more than diarrhea.”
3. “Mommy, when you tell me not to do stuff it hurts my brain a little bit.”
4. Max – “I’m really good at helping baby animals.”
Me – “What do you mean?”
Max – “Like if a cheetah was chasing a baby bird, I’d give the baby bird a knife so he could defend himself.”
5. Tomorrow is Max’s 5th birthday. I told him he needs to be polite and say “thank you” for all the gifts he receives, even if he doesn’t like something. His response to me was “You mean like a suppository?”
6. “You can rub soap on your penis, but you can’t rub a dog on your penis.”
7. “Grandma doesn’t make pancakes, but she has a delicious recipe for hotdogs.”
8. “You cracked my heart.”
9. Max – “Yay, the winter Olympics are starting!”
Me – “What sport are you excited to watch?”
Max – “Bowling.”
10. “Women grow boobs and men grow beards.”
11. “Mommy, when you and Daddy were little were there trees?”
12. “What do you like better, technology or cookies? I’m having a hard time choosing.”
13. “Some kids in my class did something very inappropriate today. They twirked. But don’t worry, I think the principal saw them do it on the security cameras.”
14. “Some doctors say if you eat candy when you have rabies it makes you better.”
15. “Smiling is a sign of laughing.”
16. “Shut your pothole is a much better choice then saying shut up.”
17. I was watching TV with Max and this elaborate commercial with fireworks comes on for KY Jelly. Max turns to me dead serious and says “Mommy, would you like me to buy some KY for you as a present?” I told him, “That’s ok, you already got me a lovely Christmas gift, but thank you.”
18. “What if everyone was all made of sugar?”
19. “What if everyone in the world farted at the same time?”
20. “There’s no pee in peanuts, right?”
21. “The Catwoman Lego is way cooler than the Wonder Woman Lego because she’s wearing mascara.”
22. Max is playing with his Catwoman doll. He rolls his R making her say “Purrrr-fect”. I try to say it, but can’t roll my R’s to save my life. His response was “Mommy, you can only roll your R’s if you’re hispanic or a cat. You’re just Jewish”.
23. “My 2 favorite animals are cats and unicorns.”
24. “Mommy, you have a vagina and it’s hairy. No seriously, it has hair.”
25. “What would happen if someone fell asleep on the potty while they were pooping?”
26. Max – “I can’t believe Daddy’s last name is so short?”
Me – What do you mean? It’s the same as yours?
Max – “No Mommy, Daddy’s last name is Jr.”
27. “Can you put Tic Tacs in my lunch box?”
28. “Can I have a ring pop for breakfast?”
29. “Tell Grandma I’m not hungry for food, but will eat ice cream.”
30. We’re on the train heading out to visit my mom. Max breathes into his hand and smells it. I ask him what he’s doing? He says “ I want to make sure I have fresh breath for Grandma.”
31. “I think I’m going to marry my friend Lily. She’s funny. She’s smart, and she’s easy to lift.”
32. “I need somebody to kiss, cause I’m already puckered up.”
33. Max’s cousin Violet asked to marry him. His response was “I can’t marry you because I’m already marrying my best friend Lana, but if we move to Utah I can marry you both. You can marry as many people as you want there.”
34. This past Sunday I took Max to the carnival. He won a stuffed poodle at a darts game. When I asked what his poodle’s name was he replied, “Her name is Diamond. You know, like Madonna. She only goes by one name.”
This story was originally written & published for The Huffington Post.
My Muse Max 35Posted: 01/09/2015 Filed under: My Muse Max | Tags: #bestkidsfashionblog, #bitzkids, #bowie, #chucktaylors, #crewcuts, #davidbowie, #fashionablekids, #jilltopol, #kidsconverse, #mymusemax, #stylishkids, #supergoodybag, Best Kids Fashion Blog, Bit'z Kids, Boys Chuck Taylor Sneakers, David Bowie Kids T-Shirt, David Bowie Kids Tee, Jill Topol, John Varvatos for Converse, Kids Converse, Most Stylish Kids, My Muse Max, Super Goody Bag, Top Kids Fashion Blog Leave a comment
“Dreaming of Warmer Days” Bowie Tee – Crewcuts, Plaid Trousers – Bit’z Kids, Sneakers – John Varvatos for Converse
DIY Left & Right Hand GlovesPosted: 01/08/2015 Filed under: Feeling Crafty, Style | Tags: #bestkidsblog, #diygloves, #diykidscrafts, #diymittens, #fashionablekids, #jilltopol, #kidscrafts, #kidsfashion, #mymusemax, #supergoodybag, Best Kids Fashion Blog, DIY Kids Crafts, DIY Kids Gloves, DIY Kids Mittens, DIY Left & Right Gloves, DIY Left & right mittens, Jill Topol, Left & Right Gloves, Left & Right Mittens, My Muse Max, Super Goody Bag, Top Kids Fashion Blog, Winter Crafts Leave a comment
My kid still has days where he can’t remember his left from his right. To help him out in the past, I’ve labeled the inside of his sneakers and even resorted to drawing a big L and R on his hands with magic markers. A perfect solution until bath time.
It’s time to take advantage of this frigid winter and finally put to rest the age old question “Mommy, which hand does this go on?”.
Let’s make some left & right gloves! Not only is this a super easy craft, but the end results are “right on”. – Jill Topol
1. A pair of acrylic gloves or mittens
2. Iron-on letters (.75 – 1 inch size) I used glitter, but flocked letters would work well too.
3. An iron
Cut out your letters spelling out “left & right”. Lay out your letters on the gloves. Apply heat with an iron until set. Make sure to check the instructions for iron-on application. This can vary depending on brand and material.
RUUM Kid’s Wear Holiday Sample SalePosted: 12/17/2014 Filed under: Style | Tags: Jill Topol, My Muse Max, RUUM Holiday Sample Sale, RUUM Kids Wear Sample Sale, RUUM Sample Sale, RUUM Stores, Super Goody Bag Leave a comment
Hey New Yorkers! Time to finish up your holiday shopping with a bang. RUUM Kid’s Wear is having their annual holiday sample sale tomorrow and Friday 12/18 & 12/19 10-4pm.
High fashion meets low prices at this mack daddy of a kids sale. Trust me, your mouth will drop when you see what deals are to be had. Yeah, it’s that good. xo, Jill
T-Shirt of the Week #22Posted: 11/26/2014 Filed under: T-Shirt of the Week | Tags: #bestkidsfashionblog, #bestkidstees, #donutworrybehappy, #h&mkids, #huffpostparents, #jilltopol, #mymusemax, #supergoodybag, #threadlesskids, #tinywhales, #topkidsfashionblog, #zarakids, Best Kids Fashion Blog, Best Kids Tees, donut t-shirt, Donut Worry Be Happy, H&M Kids, Jill Topol, Jill Topol Fashion Stylist, My Muse Max, My son Draculaura, Super Goody Bag, Threadless Kids, Tiny Whales Kids Clothing, Top Kids Fashion Blog Leave a comment
Tiny Whales – Donut Worry Be Happy, Natural Hi Lo Tee (size 6m-8yrs) $25.00 www.tinywhalestore.com
My Muse Max 34Posted: 11/22/2014 Filed under: My Muse Max | Tags: #bestdressedkids, #h&m, #h&mfashion, #h&mkids, #mysondraculaura, #ruum, #stellamccartneykids, #supergoodybag, #topdressedkids, #zarakids, Best Dressed Kids, Best Kids Blog, Best Kids Fashion Blog, fashionable kids, H&M Alexander Wang, H&M Kids, Jill Topol, Jill Topol Fashion Stylist, My Muse Max, My son Draculaura, RUUM Kids, Stella McCartney Kids, Super Goody Bag, Top dressed kids, Top Kids Blog, Top Kids Fashion Blog, Top Mommy Blog, Zara, Zara Kids Leave a comment
Striped Jacket & Panther Tee – H&M, Black Skinny Jeans – Zara Kids, Sneakers – John Varvatos for Converse, Sunglasses – RUUM